For United Nations general recruitment and career opportunities, as well as for information about internships, please visit https://careers.un.org.
Would you like to be a UN Tour Guide?
Here's what we’re looking for:
- Applicants should live in the United States, as this position is subject to local recruitment only. Applicants should possess a valid US visa (not a tourist visa), a Green Card, or a valid US passport.
- Fluency in English and at least one other language.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Public Affairs, International Relations, Communications, Political Science, Journalism, or a related field.
- Excellent communications, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Personal interest in international affairs.
Please send your Personal History Profile (UN résumé)
- Complete your Personal History Profile in Inspira (follow the instructions below), download it as a PDF file and email it to Mr. Vincenzo Pugliese, Chief of Guided Tours, at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy (CC) to email@example.com.
- In your cover letter, please state that you are applying for the position of Public Information Assistant - Tour Guide.
To create your Personal History Profile, go to: https://inspira.un.org.
- Click on “Register Now” and create your profile.
- Next, login and click on the “Home” button.
- Click on “My applications.”
- Click on “Create Draft Application” and fill out all the sections.
- After you enter any information, click the “Save” button.
N.B. As per UN Staff Rule 4.7, “an appointment shall not be granted to a person who is the father, mother, son, daughter, brother or sister of a staff member.”